Where are we located?
The Department of Economics is located in Heady Hall, on the east side of Iowa State’s campus.
Heady Hall can be found on the east side of Farm House Lane. The main office is in room 260.
Directions to Campus
Iowa State University is located in Ames, Iowa. Interstate 35 runs north and south just east of Ames, and U.S. Highway 30 runs east and west just south of campus. If you are traveling to Heady Hall via Interstate 35:
- Take Exit 111B labeled “30 West”
- Travel west on Highway 30
- Take Exit 146, the “University Boulevard/ISU” exit
- Drive north on University Boulevard to Lincoln Way (fourth traffic light)
- At Lincoln Way, turn left (west) past Hilton Coliseum and C.Y. Stephens Auditorium
- Turn right on Union Drive
- Turn right on Wallace Road
- The back of East Hall/Heady Hall is on the left side of Wallace Road
There are no metered parking spots on the street near Heady. Nearby places to park on campus include:
- The East Campus Parking Deck is located on the east side of Wallace Road across from East and Heady Halls.
- Pay parking is also available at the Memorial Union Parking Ramp. Entrances are from the south off of Lincoln Way and from the North off of Union Drive.
To search for a building on campus, visit the ISU Online Campus Map