The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Fall Convocation and Awards Program for faculty and staff scheduled for Wednesday, Oct. 28 has been moved to a virtual format on Nov. 18 at noon (meeting number: 120 510 8284, password: aNTKmF2UQ89).
The program will include brief comments from Dean Robison, presentation of the Dean Lee R. Kolmer Award for Excellence in Applied Research and recognition of faculty and staff honorees from the 2020 awards program. (The awards program originally scheduled for March 24 was canceled due to COVID-19.) Faculty and staff are encouraged to log-in to congratulate their colleagues.
- Teaching and advising award winners: Marna Yandeau-Nelson, genetics, development and cell biology; Nick Christians, horticulture; Amani Elobeid, economics; Nancy Boury, plant pathology and microbiology; Scott Smalley, agricultural education and studies; Joan Cunnick, animal science; James Wright, agricultural and biosystems engineering; and.
- Research and diversity award winners: Nick Serão, animal science; Asheesh Singh and Kan Wang, agronomy; Michelle Soupir, agricultural and biosystems engineering.
- Professional and Scientific and Staff award winners: Kent Berns, research and demonstration farms; Omar de Kok-Mercado, natural resource ecology and management; Jeff Thorson and Kelsey Powell, animal science; Jeff Askey, agricultural and biosystems engineering; Garland Dahlke, Iowa Beef Center; Amy Brandau, economics.
- Extension and Outreach award winners: Adam Janke, natural resource ecology and management; Daren Mueller, plant pathology and microbiology.
- Global engagement award winners: Dirk Maier and Tom Brumm, agricultural and biosystems engineering; Gail Nonnecke and Catherine Swoboda, horticulture; Lee Burras, agronomy; Dorothy Masinde and Kevin Duerfeldt, global resource systems; Shelley Taylor, global programs; Richard Schultz and Julie Blanchong, natural resource ecology and management.