George Guimarães Ferrell,
Rio-Verde, Goiás, Brazil
Major in agricultural business, minor in agronomy,
I was born and raised on a cattle and row crop family farm operation. We currently farm in the midwest of Brazil about 482 miles northwest from where I was born, in the largest producing state of corn, soybeans and cotton in the country. It was on that operation that I realized my passion for agriculture and future career.
Iowa State Experience:
- Farm House Fraternity, Assistant Alumni Director
- Ag Business Club, Alumni Breakfast Committee Chair
- Agricultural Marketing and Management Org., Junior Executive Operations officer, V.P.
- Study abroad in Brazil
- Business Intern, Summits Ag. Group, Brazil
- Developmental Sales Representative Intern, Syngenta
Career Goal: After working for a company for a couple of years, I want to go back to our family farm in Brazil and start a cattle feed business.