Every Fall and Spring semester, CALS Council recognizes graduating seniors who have gone above and beyond while attending Iowa State. Through six different awards, the council would like to bring attention their hard work and dedication.
- Outstanding Senior: recognizing a senior who ha shown exceptional effort in leadership, service and academia.
- Leadership Excellence: recognizing a senior who has shown outstanding leadership on campus.
- Academic Achievement: recognizing a senior with an outstanding academic record through grades, scholarships and honors received while at ISU.
- Distinguished Service: recognizing a senior who has dedicated their time to better their community through community service activities and organizations.
- Outstanding Ambassador of Agriculture and Life Sciences: recognizing a senior who has helped communicate agriculture and life sciences to their peers and connecting ISU, the college and communities.
- Commitment to Diversity: recognizing a student who has fostered an environment to encourage diversity with CALS and ISU.
Nominations for Fall 2020 Council Senior Awards as well as the Milleman Family Mentorship Award are being accepted until Friday, September 25, 2020 at 11:59 pm. The applications will include a short essay describing the nominee’s adventure at Iowa State. Questions can be directed to Jessica Schmitt, chair, CALS Council awards committee.