- Babcock, BA. “Explaining Anomalous Crop Insurance Purchase Decisions Using Prospect Theory.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics. Doi:10.1093/ajae/aav032
- Pouliot, S., and B.A. Babcock. “Compliance Path and Impact of Ethanol Mandates on Retail Fuel Market in the Short Run.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics, doi: 10.1093/ajae/aav071.
- Anderson, C., B. Babcock, P. Gassman, Y. Peng, T. Campbell. “Placing Bounds on Extreme Temperature Response of Maize" Environmental Research Letters 10(2015):124001.
Awards and Honors
- Bruce Gardner Memorial Prize for Applied Policy Analysis from the Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, for work analyzing the Renewable Fuel Standard, 2015
- Lee R. Kolmer award for Excellence in Applied Research, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, Iowa State University, 2014
- Fellow of the Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, 2013
Area of Expertise:
Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics
Ph.D., University of California at Berkeley, 1987
M.S., University of California at Davis, 1981
B.S., University of California at Davis, 1980