Advisory Panels and Academic Awards
- Iowa Department of Revenue Advisory Panel; 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021
- USDA Expert Panel; 2011, 2014, 2015
- University Exemplary Faculty Mentor Award, 2015
- College Board AP Examination Advisory Panel, 2015
- Outstanding Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy Article Award, 2012
- Cassling Family Faculty Award for Outstanding Achievement in Teaching; College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, 2010
- Member of Iowa Governor Vilsack’s task force to evaluate state tax reform proposals; 2003, 2004
- Economics Department's Best Teacher Award, University of Virginia, 1998 and 2000
- Recipient of the John R. Heinz National Academy of Social Insurance Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award, 1995
- Phi Beta Kappa
Brent Kreider is a Professor of Economics at Iowa State University with expertise in public economics, applied econometrics, health economics, and labor economics. He is a frequent adviser to the Iowa Department of Revenue and U.S. Department of Agriculture, and he is a recipient of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Cassling Family Faculty Award for Outstanding Achievement in Teaching.
His research has appeared in Journal of the American Statistical Association, The Review of Economics and Statistics, American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Journal of Applied Econometrics, Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, Journal of Econometrics, Journal of Health Economics, Journal of Human Resources, Journal of Labor Economics, and Journal of Public Economics, among other outlets.