Awards and Honors
- Dean's Citation for Extraordinary Contributions to the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Iowa State University, for extensive contributions to the report on "Carbon Science for Carbon Markets: Emerging Opportunities in Iowa" presented to the Carbon Sequestration Task Force authorized by Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds. March 10, 2022.
- Farm Foundation Agricultural Economics Fellowship. 2021. External site: Agricultural Economics Fellow - Farm Foundation.
- Iowa State University Office of the President: Excellence in Remote Instruction Award, for exceptional efforts to successfully transform courses into engaging and accessible remote teaching platforms while maintaining an exceptional standard of quality. Jan 5, 2021.
- Iowa State University Extension and Outreach: Creativity in Service to All Iowans Award, for team work on the program Stress on the Farm: Strategies to Help Each Other that provides critical information to Iowans regarding the ever-increasing stress on the farm and suicide prevention using the CORN intervention model. March 31, 2020.
- Agricultural & Applied Economics Association’s Distinguished Extension Program Individual: Less Than 10 Years Award. April 25, 2019.
- Iowa State University ANR Programming Innovation Award, for raising awareness about the financial health of the farm sector in Iowa and developing an extension program to help farmers cope with thin profit margins using anonymized farm-level data from the Iowa Farm Business Association. April 2, 2018.
- Iowa State University Extension and Outreach Award for Impacting Iowans. Agriculture Act of 2014 Team, for developing a suite of decision tools to help farmers choose between Farm Bill programs and implementing a statewide educational program reaching more than 10,000 farmers. Mar 10, 2015.
- Letter of Appreciation for Outstanding Presentation at the International Cotton Institute at the University of Memphis, American Cotton Shippers Association, 2013.
- Citation of Merit for Outstanding Scholastic Performance, Department of Agricultural Economics, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA, 2005 and 2008.
Area of Expertise:
Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics
Ph.D., Agricultural Economics, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2007
M.S., Statistics, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2005
M.A., Health Economics and Management (ABD), Universidad Nacional de La Plata, Argentina, 2001
B.A., Economics, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, Argentina, 2000