Following a two-year study, six economics nontenure-eligible faculty, now called term faculty, have new titles -- effective July 1 -- and more consistent policies for appointments, reviews and advancement.
- Chris Boessen is now Associate Teaching Professor
- Matt Clancy is now Assistant Teaching Professor
- Kevin Kimle is now Associate Teaching Professor
- Ebby Luvaga is now Associate Teaching Professor
- Miyoung Oh is now Assistant Teaching Professor
- Darin Wohlgemuth is now Associate Teaching Professor
"It gives a better definition of each of the responsibilities and parameters of the job," said associate professor of ecology, evolution and organismal biology Rob Wallace, who chaired the task force on nontenure-eligible faculty. "It provides an explicit set of policies in terms of review that could be adhered to across the university. When we started this process, practices varied from unit to unit, from one side of campus to the other."