The American Society of Hispanic Economists (ASHE) board is considering starting a mentoring program for midcareer minority economists for the academic year of 2021-2022.
The goal of this program is to provide mentoring support to midcareer minority economists who in the next 2-3 years would like to apply for:
- full professor
- a leadership position at an academic institution
- a leadership position at a non-academic institution
Through this program:
- ASHE will match mentees and mentors, and all interaction will be virtual.
- There will be quarterly virtual meetings as a group.
- Mentee/Mentors will decide on their goals of the relationship, but a reasonable commitment will be to interact on a monthly basis virtually either by phone or email for a period of 12 months.
If you are interested in participating as a mentee or mentor please complete a short survey by Feb. 28.
More info: Luisa Blanco firstname.lastname@example.org