Now that the spring semester is underway, we wanted to remind you that Iowa State University is an Institutional Member of the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD). The NCFDD is an independent faculty development center dedicated to supporting academics in making successful transitions throughout their careers, and the Institutional Membership provides all grad students, post-docs, and faculty with access to NCFDD’s member resources.
As an Institutional Member, you have access to the following resources at no cost to you:
- Monday Motivator
- Core Curriculum Webinars
- Guest Expert Webinars
- Access to Multi-Week Courses
- Video recordings of all webinars so members can learn at their convenience
- Discussion Forum for peer-mentoring & problem-solving
- Monthly accountability buddy matches
- Moderated monthly writing challenges
- Access to the Career Center where members can post and search job listings
- Access to the Member Library that includes past webinar materials, referrals, and readings
We encourage you to claim your membership by going to https://www.facultydiversity.org/join. Select Iowa State University as your Institution and activate your membership. Once logged in, you can find a full listing of events including the spring 14 day writing challenge, webinars and the core curriculum series.
The next webinar is on Jan. 17 from 1:00-2:30 p.m. titled How to Find Your Pillars of Genius.
We’re excited to offer Iowa State University’s grad students, post-docs, and faculty with the opportunity to participate in NCFDD’s unique form of mentoring and career development. If you have any questions or comments about the membership, please contact Katharine Hensley at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any technical questions, please email NCFDD at Membership@FacultyDiversity.org.