Face coverings and/or face shields will be required in classrooms, offices, and other areas where physical distancing is not possible. The requirement will take effect Wednesday, July 1.
The university is providing two cloth face coverings to all students, faculty, and staff who request them, free of charge. Face shields can also be requested. Campus units should reserve face coverings for their employees through central stores.
Plans are being made to distribute cloth face coverings to students, including at Destination Iowa State and residence hall and on-campus apartment move-in. More information will soon be shared about how and where students can get face coverings at locations around campus. Please also show care by wearing a face covering when you are out in the community. This includes shopping, riding CyRide, and in any situation where you can’t maintain a 6-foot physical distance.
If you are sick, stay home.
- Faculty and staff who have symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 should contact their primary health care provider to inquire about testing. Thielen Student Health Center and the Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory are developing plans for testing to be available on campus for faculty and staff.
- Faculty or staff who test positive for COVID-19 should report that information to Thielen Student Heath Center using this form. Employees can return to work once they meet all of the following criteria:
- No fever for at least 72 hours (that is three full days of no fever without the use of medicine that reduces fever) AND
- Other symptoms have improved (for example, cough or shortness of breath have improved) AND
- At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
- Thielen Student Health Center is providing free testing for students who are enrolled in summer courses or registered for fall. There are no testing costs for students who meet Iowa Department of Public Health testing criteria.
- Students who test positive for COVID-19 and the test was done off-campus should report that information to Thielen Student Heath Center using this form.