West Des Moines, Iowa
Oversee and manage all research and economic analysis on agricultural issues, reporting directly to the IFBF Executive Director and Secretary-Treasurer. Conduct and facilitate original research, and provide economic analysis of agricultural issues to assist with IFBF policy implementation efforts and to educate and assist our members. Serve as a resource for external communications with the media regarding economic impacts and research results with the ability to communicate your research and analysis in a clear and concise way to the media, our members and others.
- Masters degree in economics, business administration, or related fields with an emphasis on agriculture or applied economics required, plus at least ten years related work and/or management experience required.
- Ph.D. in Ag Economics or Business Management or related field preferred.
- Farm background preferred in order to understand farm and rural trends.
- Adult/extension education experience preferred.
- Stock/commodity brokerage experience beneficial.
- Farm production/marketing experience beneficial.
- Market analysis & ag issue analysis experience preferred.
In-state and limited domestic travel is required (approximately 20% of the time). Limited international travel may also be required.
Must have good interpersonal, common sense and problem-solving skills.