The FDIC’s Center for Financial Research invites submissions for the 11th Consumer Research Symposium, to be held on Friday, March 11, 2022. The FDIC plans to host the event at its facilities in Arlington, Virginia, but may shift to a hybrid or online-only format depending on how public health conditions evolve.
Submission Deadline: October 25, 2021.
The symposium facilitates a discussion of recent research in consumer finance between financial regulators, academics, and the private sector. The program committee invites theoretical and empirical papers from a wide range of academic disciplines. Topics may include:
- Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on consumers and communities
- Access to and use of bank and nonbank financial products and services
- Emerging financial products and services
- Financial literacy and capability
- Consumption, savings, credit, and retirement decisions
- Housing and mortgage markets
- Impact of recent regulatory changes on consumers or financial product markets
- Community development
- Small business lending
Please see the Consumer Research Symposium home page for previous conference programs.
Authors may submit complete papers or detailed abstracts that include preliminary results.
Expenses for travel, food, and lodging will be reimbursed for presenters.
For additional information, please contact the organizers at ConResearchSymp@fdic.gov.