CALS enrollment, by the numbers:
- CALS fall 2019 enrollment is 4,821 — 4,169 undergraduates and 652 graduate students. (Last fall’s 5,083)
- The most recent graduating class was the largest in CALS history with a record 1,397 degrees awarded.
- CALS departments recruited more freshmen and more transfer students from in-state than last year.
- Women make up 55 percent of the CALS undergraduate student body — the fifth straight year the number of women enrolled has exceeded men.
- The top five undergraduate majors in enrollment are animal science (983), animal ecology (418), agricultural business (391), agricultural studies (302) and industrial technology (274).
- CALS leads one-year retention numbers on campus at 88.1 percent. Also, 80.8 percent of retained students remained in a CALS major – the highest for in-college retention on campus.