Application Information for the MS Program
We are glad that you are considering the application procedures to our MS program. Please read through this page carefully for required application materials and how to submit the materials. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you are an undergraduate student currently enrolled at Iowa State University, the application process can be much simpler for you, and so we strongly recommend you talk with your undergraduate advisor or the MS Program director before initiating the formal application process.
There is no formal deadline for application; however, applications received by February 15 are prioritized for scholarship consideration.
GRE score requirement
GRE score is not required for the MS program.
Before You Apply
The Office of Admissions provides detailed information for graduate applicants regarding application processing, letters of recommendation, test scores, English proficiency, and transcripts. They also have a website that covers Frequently Asked Questions which may arise during the application process. Please read these over carefully to ensure you are submitting the correct documentation.
- Iowa State University Graduate College Application Form and Statement of Purpose: Submit online through the Office of Admissions website. The online application form includes a space for you to provide a statement of purpose. Here are some items to address in your statement of purpose:
- What led you to choose economics or agricultural economics as a field of study?
- How has your background prepared you for graduate study in economics?
- What are your career plans?
- Transcripts of ALL previous undergraduate and graduate coursework
- TOEFL Scores (international students, if required)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Resume or CV (optional)
You may upload unofficial copies of supplemental materials at the time that you apply. The unofficial copies will be used to make the admission and funding decision. If you are offered admission to Iowa State you will be required to submit official academic records. Please do not submit any supplemental materials other than those listed above.
Please refer to Admission Guidelines for MS students.