The Soil Management Land Valuation virtual conference was held today, May 19. This is the 93rd annual conference and the longest running conference at Iowa State.
This year there were over 170 agricultural professionals attending the conference via zoom. Seven current issues and their implications to soil management and land valuation were presented by leading experts in
- Agricultural policy priorities in 2021 from both the majority and minority staff director Joe Schultz and Martha Scott Poindexter for the US Senate committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry
- Agricultural carbon credits program for farmers by Amanda Zahn-Ziegler from TruTerra
- Weather outlook and its impacts on agricultural production by Eric Snodgrass from Nutrien Ag Services
- How coalition to support Iowa farmers are helping livestock producers by Brian Waddingham
- Agricultural market outlook by ProFarmer Editor Emeritus Chip Flory
- The impacts of COVID-19 pandemic on land and asset values by leading farm management professionals Dennis Reyman, Troy Louwagie, and Adam Thien
- Key developments in agricultural law and regulations such as the capital gains taxes changes by ISU CALT director Kristine Tidgren.
More about the conference can be found at https://www.regcytes.extension.iastate.edu/smlv/agenda/