Weekly Announcements for Faculty, Staff, and Students
Friday, August 29, 2014
- University Holiday
In observance of Labor Day, university offices will be closed and classes recessed Monday, September 1.
- Babcock receives Dean Lee R. Kolmer Award for Excellence in Applied Research
Elodie Jones, a senior in Ag Business, was awarded the 2014 Midwest Division Intern Award. More information available
- EGSA 2014 fall picnic
The department's fall picnic will be on Friday, September 5th, at the Maple Shelter in Brookside Park (same as spring). The food will include burgers and hot dogs, as well as Chinese barbecuing.
To help estimate how much food to provide, please fill out the following survey by Friday, August 29th. If you are unable to access the survey, please email a response to email@example.com with the number of people who will be eating and any special dietary requirements (vegetarian, kosher, etc.).
- GPSS fall social
Join the Graduate and Professional Student Senate for their annual fall social on September 5, 5:30 PM-7:30 PM, Brookside Park/Hickory Shelter – 1325 6th St., Ames (on the green bus line). The event is free and open to all friends and family – please bring your own outdoor sports equipment and games.
- Welcome new graduate students!
Welcome to our latest group of graduate students, entering the department for the 2014-2015 school year!
- Department welcomes Assistant Professor David Keiser
The department wishes to welcome Assistant Professor David Keiser.
Keiser is a recent graduate of Yale University, where he received his PhD in environmental and natural resource economics. His research brings recent advances in empirical methods and integrated assessment models to bear on environmental policy design and evaluation. To date, his work has focused on the economics of water quality in the US. Prior to graduate school, Keiser worked as an environmental litigation consultant in Washington, DC. He also holds a BA in mathematics and religious studies from the University of Virginia and an MS in agricultural and applied economics from the University of Georgia.
Contact Keiser at:468F Heady Hall,(515) 294-1336, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate Student Announcements
- 20th Annual Graduate Education & Graduate Student Research Conference in Hospitality and Tourism
More information available at: http://usfgradconference.com/
External Seminars and Workshops
- Energy Policy Seminar
- Crop Insurance and the 2014 Farm Bill Symposium
Conferences and Calls for Papers
- BIT's 1st Annual Global Congress of Knowledge Economy - 2014
- Fall 2014 Midwest Economic Theory and International Trade Meetings
The Fall 2014 Midwest Economic Theory and International Trade meetings are being held at the University of Kansas, October 17-19, 2014. You are warmly invited to submit a paper for presentation at these meetings. For reference, a call for papers is attached to this e-mail, in case you have not received it.
Submissions for the economic theory conference may be made at: http://editorialexpress.com/conference/MWETFall2014/
- 51st Annual Conference of ABE Call for Papers
- International Interdisciplinary Business-Economics Advancement Conference (IIBA 2015) March 28-April 2, 2015 @ SEA
More information available at: http://iibaconference.org/
- USAID-US Davis Horticulture Innovation Lab Request for Proposals
More information available at: http://horticulture.ucdavis.edu/main/funding.htm
- Open limited submission opportunities, August 2014
- Integrated NSF Support Promoting Interdisciplinary Research and Education (INSPIRE)
More information available at: http://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2014/nsf14106/nsf14106.jsp?WT.mc_ev=click
- Job opportunity at University of Connecticut