Weekly Announcements for Faculty, Staff, and Students
Sunday, December 14, 2014
- Beware and Protect Your Accessplus
This time of year be especially mindful of phishing attempts on your AccessPlus account. When the W2s come out in January, scammers want to be ready to grab them and fast-file fake tax returns.
- Increased Mileage Rate Effective January 1, 2015
For travel expenses incurred on or after January 1, 2015, the default rate of 28 cents/mile will be increased to 28.75 cents/mile. The default mileage reimbursement rate is calculated at 50% of the full IRS rate and is applicable for trips of more than 100 miles if the traveler chooses to use a personal vehicle when a vehicle is available from Transportation Services. The full IRS rate is increasing from 56 cents/mile to 57.5 cents/mile.
The full IRS rate of 57.5 cents/mile may be claimed when:
- The round trip is less than 100 miles.
- The round trip is 100 miles or more but the traveler is unable to reserve a vehicle from Transportation Services.
- The traveler is permanently based off-campus.
- The traveler is not an ISU student or an ISU employee. This includes travel expenses reimbursed under Professional Service Agreements.
- Round trip travel to/from designated airports is 100 miles or more and the combined airfare and mileage cost is less expensive than airfare and mileage from the Des Moines International Airport. Designated airports are the Kansas City International Airport, the Omaha International Airport and the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.
Questions regarding this reimbursement rate change may be directed to Bill Cahill 294-5124 or Katie Wiegand 294-1940 in the Accounting Office.
Conferences and Calls for Papers
- International Workshop on Enabling Agri-Entrepreneurship and Innovations in Conflict Regions
- Agricultural Economics Conference in Beijing, China
- Energy & Climate Change Conference & Nat'l Energy Education Summit
- Academia Research Call for Manuscript Submission
- Call for Papers - Annual Graduate Student Conference
- 90th Annual Western Economic Association International Conference in Honolulu
- Management International Conference in Portoroz, Slovenia